- How can your event join the George Washington University’s plan to ultimately eliminate single-use plastics and have a sustainable event?
Water Filtration stations are placed throughout campus and buildings for attendees to use during events. Wherever possible, consider environmentally-friendly alternatives for your event, e.g., reusable or reduced event materials, biodegradable or reusable catering serviceware. For more information please visit the Sustainable GW website or check out the Sustainable GW Green Event Guide.
- Is there event parking?
Please visit the Visitor Parking website for the most up to date parking information.
- What are the Student Organization event guidelines, polices and resources?
Visit the Student Life website for event planning information.
- Does your event need Liability insurance?
Review the Liability insurance policy of the Office of Risk Management website.
- What is GW’s Adverse Weather and Emergency Events Policy?
Please visit the Office of Ethics, Compliance and Privacy website.
- How do you add your event to the Event Calendar?
Visit the Marketing and Creative Services website to learn more about the Event Calendar.
- Looking for ways to enhance your event with GW branded material?
Work with the Marketing and Creative Services team for staging and exhibit materials to elevate your event to the next level.
- Need photo coverage of an event?
Submit a photo coverage request to GW Marketing and Creative Services.
- Where are the Foggy Bottom campus accessible building entrances and routes?
The Foggy Bottom campus accessible building entrances and routes can be found on the Accessibility at GW website.
- Why do I need to inform GW if I have invited any prominent speakers, attendees, or press?
GW event staff coordinates these details with a variety of offices on campus, including the Office of Media Relations and the Division of Safety and Security. In addition, the University is closed to the press, unless prior arrangements have been made. If you have invited members of the press to campus, and if our office is unaware of that, the members of the press will be asked to leave campus.
- COVID-19 Policy
Visit the university's COVID-19 website for a comprehensive listing of expectations and policies.
- University Event Billing and Payment
At the completion of the event, Student Organization and Department events will be billed to the Oracle number provided in the request form.
If more than one Oracle number will be used to cover event costs, it is the responsibility of the Student Organization or Department to provide Events & Venues with these details.