730 21st Street NW
An anchor for arts and culture at the George Washington University (GW), Lisner Auditorium hosts world class events and brings well over 100,000 visitors a year to the Foggy Bottom Campus. Revered as a National & DC Historical Landmark, Lisner Auditorium opened its doors for public performances in the fall of 1946. Named in honor of Abram Lisner, a University trustee and philanthropist, the auditorium is renowned for its vast range of performances and events. Lisner Auditorium is uniquely suited to host high profile political and celebrity speakers, iconic musical artists from home and around the world and community events for GW and the greater area. Lisner Auditorium has, and continues to, serve a prominent place in the cultural life of Washington, D.C.
The Lisner Auditorium is located on the George Washington University's Foggy Bottom campus which sits in the heart of the nation’s capital, in a vibrant neighborhood bordered by the Potomac River, the Watergate complex, the White House and the State Department. Lisner Auditorium has a seating capacity of 1500, a column free interior, greenroom, 8 stage level dressing rooms, 2 chorus dressing rooms, meeting and reception space, state-of-the art production technology, and a full scene shop. Events include a taping of The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert and special guest President Barack Obama, and performances and speaking events with notable figures such as Elvis Costello, Ben Folds, Solange, Brazilian musician Gilbert Gil, African sensation Angelique Kidjo, Toni Morrison, Hillary Clinton and Laverne Cox.
- Maximum Capacities
- Venue Features
- Inventory of in-house furniture to accommodate stage and reception setups
- Seating capacity of 1500 with a column free interior, 3 rows of orchestra seating removable for pit extension
- Access to green rooms, dressing rooms, meeting, reception space, and box office for onsite ticket sales
- Stage has removable pit, custom Bandshell and tiered staging options available
- 31 lineset counter weight system, with working grid height of 45’
- Comprehensive in-house AV, Sound, Lighting and Staging equipment rental, able to service a large variety of events
- State-of-the art production technology managed by professional AV technicians
- Convenient, accessible loading dock that can house up to 2 tractor trailers.
- Upper and lower lobbies serviceable for small receptions, meet and greets or expo setups (Lower lobby not ADA accessible)
- Event Estimate
To view the university price lists and estimates please log into the University Box folder. Please note only University Clients will have access to these links.
External Clients please complete the External Client Request Form to receive pricing and availability.